- New Providence Girls' Basketball Fall To Oak Knoll
- Emotional Meeting at NJ Sharing Network Bonds Donor Family and Organ Recipient
- Photos, Videos From the Joint Diversity Groups' 'MLK Celebration Jam' at the ...
- Facebook Changes Its News Feed; How You Can Get Your Local News
- New Providence Police Arrest Four, Recover Two Stolen Cars
- Wrestling: Owen Smith Captures Title at Union County Championships
By KAVITA KEWALRAMANI, MD, MPHJanuary 15, 2018
Obesity is at epidemic proportions in the United States and in other developed and developing countries. The prevalence of obesity is increasing not only in adults, but also in children and adolescents. We all know that obesity is a significant risk factor for various chronic illnesses, most importantly heart disease and diabetes, but also cancer and osteoarthritis, liver and kidney disease, ...