The FirstEnergy Foundation has presented surprise Gifts of the Season of $1,000 each to 12 non-profit agencies working to make lives better in communities across its Jersey Central Power & Light service areas.
“We’re pleased to provide this surprise support to so many agencies throughout New Jersey, particularly during the holidays, when the services they provide to the least fortunate are often most vital,” said Dee Lowery, president of the FirstEnergy Foundation. “The winners were chosen secretly by FirstEnergy employees, who identified organizations in their areas that do extraordinary work to make our communities better. Our goal was to focus on programs that enhance children’s services, or provide additional support for organizations facing a critical need during the holiday season.”
- Holiday Express, Tinton Falls – Offers music, food, gifts, financial support and friendship to those with the greatest need for human kindness during the holiday season.
- Reach Educational Services, Flemington – Supports children with neurological and physical disabilities.
- The Family Guidance Center, Washington – Works to improve the quality of life for those affected by problems related to mental illness, substance abuse, family conflict or emotional adjustment.
- Disabled American Veterans, Fort Monmouth Memorial #29, Tinton Falls – Empowers veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity.
- El Primer Paso, Dover – Provides high quality, inclusive early childhood programs with a focus on dual-language learners.
- Disabled American Veterans, Emile Post #78, Netcong – Empowers veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity.
- Camp Nejeda Foundation, Newton – Offers summer camping and other programs for children with type 1 diabetes.
- Michael Gerard Puharic Memorial Fund, Matawan – Provides comfort and support for families of seriously ill newborns.
- CASA of Ocean County, Toms River – Offers court-appointed advocates for children involved in abuse or neglect cases.
- Our Youth Their Future, Morristown – Supports children with education and guidance in making good choices and developing positive attitudes.
- Disabled American Veterans #74, Freehold – Empowers veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect & dignity
- NJ Sharing Network, Providence – Works to recover and place donated organs and tissue with those who need life-saving transplants.
These gifts are part of the FirstEnergy Foundation’s “Gifts of the Season” campaign, which includes a total of 132 $1,000 gifts given to 132 non-profits across the company’s six-state service area and in communities where the company does business.
Jersey Central Power & Light is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. serving about 1.1 million electric customers in New Jersey.
The FirstEnergy Foundation is funded solely by FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE) and provides support to non-profit, tax-exempt health and human services agencies; educational organizations; cultural and arts programs and institutions; and civic groups in areas served by FirstEnergy’s 10 electric operating companies and in areas where the company conducts business.
FirstEnergy is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. Follow FirstEnergy online at www.firstenergycorp.com. Follow FirstEnergy on Twitter @FirstEnergyCorp.
(first pic): Dan Levine, Volunteer; Lorrie Klaric, Executive Director; Kieran Tintle, Area Manager; Tim McLoone, Founder; Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, Volunteer; Jackie DeFelice;Bro. Frank Byrne, FSC at Christian Brothers Academy; Maureen Staub, Board Member; Patricia Wotton, Board Member; Dawn Bunyon, Director of Development
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.