NEW PROVIDENCE, NJ - As of late last night (Thursday 12/3), we have two new adult non-LTC cases in our community reported to us from the Board of Health, and five new recoveries to report, bringing our total down to 27 non-LTC active cases and 1 LTC active case in New Providence. Here is a breakdown of our current cases:
- 2 New Adult non-LTC Cases
- 5 Recoveries
- 27 Currently Active non-LTC
- 1 Currently Active LTC
We wish all a speedy recovery! Please keep our lost, afflicted, their families, all of our first responders, medical personnel, and essential workers in your thoughts and prayers.
New Providence has had 107 positive COVID-19 cases since November 1st. We currently have 27 active non-LTC cases and one active LTC case in our community.
We will continue to keep you updated as we receive confirmed information.
The most recent NPCOVID19 case statistics for the borough can be found on the borough website at: https://www.newprov.org/download/Board%20of%20Health/coronavirus_information/Coronavirus-Cases.pdf
This year will be a holiday season like no other, and we must continue to maintain our vigilance against COVID-19 and celebrate safely and responsibly to ensure everyone’s health and safety. Given the current surge in COVID-19 cases, travel outside your home should be limited. Gatherings must comply with current indoor and outdoor limits, and indoor holiday gatherings should be limited to immediate household members if possible. New Jersey has issued the following gathering guidelines:
Attending a gathering, ceremony, or celebration is permitted as long as the event complies with the following limits on gatherings issued by the state of New Jersey. Different limits apply depending on the type of gathering, and where it is happening:
* General indoor gatherings must be limited to 10 people. All attendees at indoor gatherings must wear face coverings and stay six feet apart.
* Indoor gatherings for weddings, funerals, or memorial services must be limited to 150 people or 25% of a room's capacity -- whichever number is lower.
* Indoor gatherings for religious and political activities protected under the First Amendment must be limited to 150 people or 25% of a room's capacity -- whichever number is lower.
* Indoor gatherings for entertainment centers where performances are viewed or given, including movie theaters, performing arts centers, and other concert venues, must be limited to 150 people or 25% of a room's capacity -- whichever number is lower.
* Indoor meetings of addiction support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, must be limited to 150 people or 25% of a room's capacity – whichever number is lower.
* Legislative and judicial proceedings are not subject to the limits on indoor gatherings.
* General outdoor gatherings must be limited to 150 people and social distancing must be practiced. Effective Monday, December 7th at 6 am, general outdoor gatherings must be limited to 25 people.
* There is no limit for outdoor gatherings for wedding ceremonies, funerals, memorial services, religious activities, or political activities.
Note: Indoor receptions held separately from wedding ceremonies are currently capped at 10 people, while outdoor receptions held separately from wedding ceremonies are limited to 150 people under the current limits on gatherings.
To help save lives and stop the spread of COVID-19, wear a mask, wash your hands, practice social distancing, and stay home if you are sick.
Face coverings are required in indoor public spaces and in outdoor public spaces when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
For more information please visit https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/reopening-guidance-and-restrictions/how-can-people-safely-get-together-what-are-the-limits-for-indoor-and-outdoor-gatherings
The only definitive way to know if you have COVID-19 is by getting tested. Testing is available to all Union County residents who wish to be tested, whether or not experiencing symptoms. It is free of charge, regardless of whether you have insurance or not. Kean University is open for testing Monday-Wednesday-Friday 9:00am-4:00pm and Thursdays 9:00am-2:30pm by appointment. Additionally, check the Union County COVID-19 website for the location of walk-up locations throughout the county. For additional information about testing and locations, please call 908-518-4307 or visit https://ucnj.org/covid19/testing/walk-up-locations/
Please continue to follow all CDC safety protocols outlined here:
Resources and additional information are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Information Hub at https://covid19.nj.gov/, and on our borough website under the COVID-19 tab at https://www.newprov.org/information-and-resources/
Be safe, keep well, and stay strong. We will get through this. Pioneer Strong!
- Mayor Al Morgan