SUMMIT, NJ - The Connection's 2017 Annual Giving Campaign, supporting the organization's Community Service and Scholarship Fund initiatives, is underway. The Scholarship Fund enables children, adults and seniors to participate in educational, recreational, fitness and social service programs, regardless of their economic circumstance.
The Connection is a nonprofit organization that "prides itself on being a place where everyone can participate and feel welcome," with their programs designed bring together individuals from all backgrounds and abilities, creating a community "where everyone can feel “connect.".
“Every day at The Connection countless individuals participate in programs and services which improve the quality of their lives. A child with special needs learning to swim, practicing yoga or spending time socializing with her peers. A newcomer to our country improving his English to become more self-sufficient and engaged in our community. A woman recovering from cancer receiving the resources and support she needs in her journey toward healing” said Associate Executive Director, Jayne Graepel.
Sign Up for E-News
Graepel added, “When you support The Connection’s Community Service and Scholarship Fund, you help us ensure that deserving children and adults have the chance to participate here. Together we work with friends like you to make certain that everyone, regardless of age, ability or economic circumstance can participate and feel welcome here. We are asking for your help so that we can continue to provide vital services to those in our community who are often overlooked.”
Donations to The Community Service and Scholarship Fund support a number of programs and individuals who are often not reached by other organizations, including providing:
- 210 children a safe, nurturing environment in the After School Enrichment Program.
- 250 children and adults with special needs a place to learn skills, make friends and gain a sense of belonging in social and recreational programs.
- 110 ESL students -- from 22 countries around the world -- language skills, support services and self-sufficiency.
- 400 women with breast and gynecological cancer receive support, education and wellness services through Pathways.
- 500 individuals with financial needs receive more than $250,000 in scholarship assistance to participate in programs at The Connection.
Contributions are .tax-deductible. To find out more about The Annual Giving Campaign, the financial assistance program or how to donate, visit TheConnectionOnline.org.