SUMMIT, NJ - The Connection for Women and Families, the Summit-based nonprofit organization that enables children, adults and seniors to participate in educational, recreational, fitness and social service programs -- regardless of their economic circumstance -- has announced the onset of its 2016 Annual Giving Campaign.
The Connection is reaching out to Members and friends, asking them to support its Community Service and Scholarship Fund, which supports a variety of programs that meet the needs of different constituencies and age groups. The Connection prides itself as a place where everyone can participate and feel welcome.
“Every day at The Connection countless individuals participate in programs and services which improve the quality of their lives. A child with special needs learning to swim, practicing yoga or spending time socializing with her peers. A newcomer to our country improving his English to become more self-sufficient and engaged in our community. A woman recovering from cancer receiving the resources and support she needs in her journey toward healing” said Associate Executive Director, Jayne Graepel.
Sign Up for E-News
Graepel adds, “When you support The Connection’s Community Service and Scholarship Fund, you help us ensure that deserving children and adults have the chance to participate here. Together we work with friends like you to make certain that everyone, regardless of age, ability or economic circumstance can participate and feel welcome here. We are asking for your help so that we can continue to provide vital services to those in our community who are often overlooked.”
Donations have helped The Connection provide:
- Two hundred (200) children a safe, nurturing environment in the After School Enrichment Program.
- Two hundred and fifty (250) children and adults with special needs a place to learn skills, make friends and gain a sense of belonging in social and recreational programs.
- Eighty (80) English as Second Language students, from 20 countries around the world, assistance with language skills, support services and self-sufficiency.
- Four hundred (400) women with breast and gynecological cancer with support, education and wellness services through Pathways.
- Five hundred and fifty (550) individuals with financial needs with more than $270,000 in scholarship assistance to participate in programs at The Connection.
Donations are tax-deductible, and provide for direct and critical support for vital community services. For further information on The Connection's Annual Giving Campaign, making a donation, or the financial assistance program visit: TheConnectionOnline.org.
The Connection for Women and Families is a marketing partner of TAPinto Summit and other, select TAPinto sites. To learn more about marketing partnership opportunities, contact Greg Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.