BERKELEY HEIGHTS, NJ - Due to rain in the forecast for Saturday night, the Berkeley Heights 4th Annual Winter Walk has been moved to 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 1 with the Township's tree lighting immediately following at Peppertown Park
In collaboration with the Berkeley Heights Police Department, Union County, the Recreation Department, the Township and the entertainment involved, the Winter Walk was changed in the best interest of the community.
Start the day with a Santa visit at the Town Hall from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and then come downtown to Springfield Avenue and enjoy the scheduled attractions and entertainment from 1 to 4 p.m. Trolley service from Columbia Middle School to Plainfield Avenue will run from 12:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Click here for summary of planned activities.
Road Closures -
*Road closures begin at 11 a.m. and end at 5:30 p.m.
- Springfield Avenue will be closed between Snyder and Plainfield
- Sherman Avenue will be closed between Lone Pine and Plainfield
- Summit Avenue will be closed between Sherman and Springfield
- The front portion of the Post Office - Dunkin Donuts Parking Lot will be closed -- the back portion (Stop & Shop) will remain open, as well CVS parking lot. ALL OTHER PARKING LOTS WITHIN THE 'CLOSURE AREA' WILL BE CLOSED.
- Roads will reopen at 5:30 p.m. to thru traffic.
Check back with TAPinto Berkeley Heights for updates.