NEW PROVIDENCE, NJ - Beginning on February 1, 2020, the New Providence School District will accept kindergarten and first grade student registration for the 2020-21 school year. A child must be five years of age on or before October 1, 2020, to be eligible for enrollment into kindergarten. A child must be six years of age on or before October 1, 2020, to be eligible for enrollment into first grade.
Parents must pre-register their child online prior to attending our registration day on Tuesday, February 25, 2020. A link to the pre-registration portal on the homepage of the New Providence School District website (www.npsd.k12.nj.us) will open on February 1, 2020. After pre-registering your child online, parents/legal guardians should attend registration day to present the documentation required to complete the registration process.
New Providence School District Kindergarten & First Grade Registration Day
WHO: Parent/Guardian of new kindergarten & first grade students.
PLACE: Allen W. Roberts School & Salt Brook School.
DATE: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 (snow date February 27, 2020).
TIME: Last Names A-L: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm.
Last Names M-Z: 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
The following documentation is required to complete the registration process at registration day on February 25, 2020:
- Parent/guardian identification (valid driver’s license, passport or state ID).
- An original or certified copy of the student’s birth certificate.
- Immunization records and physical forms.
- Four (4) proofs of residency (property deed, purchase agreement, utility bills, lease agreement, or benefit statement, other).
- Court stamped copy of custody documentation, if applicable.
Only a custodial parent/legal guardian can register a student.