Chat with Council Members
An Interactive Meeting with Councilman Matthew Cumiskey & Councilman Peter DeSarno
Tuesday, November 26th at 7:30PM
It is and honor and privilege to serve you, the residents of New Providence as your Councilmen. Our first year on Council has been both productive and impactful.
We are excited about the opportunity to discuss the following topics with you as well as answer any other questions that you may have.
- Member of the Finance Committee:
- Presented Borough Budget to Mayor & Council which included a municipal tax increase of 0.58 percent (the lowest in recent history).
- Council Liaison to the Economic Development Committee:
- Introduced the “Age-Friendly Grant Initiative” to the Mayor & Council. As stated at the October 28th Council meeting, “There is no doubt that New Providence is a great place to grow up in but we also want to make sure it is a great place to grow old in.”
- Council Liaison to the Sustainability Committee:
- Introduced the idea to Council and the Sustainability Team of holding the first “Green Day” in New Providence.
- Council Liaison to the Community Activities Advisory Board:
- Working closely with the Recreation Department to provide programming for all residents of New Providence
- Chair of Recreational Capital Review Committee:
- Developing plans to improve and maintain Borough recreational facilities
- Resurface pool basketball courts
- Resurface Tennis Courts 1-4, Renovate Courts 5-8
- Enhancing passive recreation opportunities including walking paths
- Council Liaison to the Planning Board:
- Working closely with Homeowners, Businesses and Builders to ensure projects are in line with ordinances and consistent with the Borough Master Plan
- Council Liaison to the Community Pool:
- Entered into new lease which included adding and enhancing community events while helping to keep fees low
- Collaborating with the Pool Board on projects to enhance the community experience
Please join the meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212
Access Code: 661-086-701
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
Please see Borough of New Providence Website (www.newprov.org) for further details