NEW PROVIDENCE, NJ - The Borough of New Providence has provided the following update:
The situation with the Corona virus (COVID-19) continues to evolve. We wanted to provide our community with the latest information about municipal operations. This will be updated as necessary.
- Public Schools are closed until further notice.
- DeCorso Community Center – Closed to the public.
- Community Activities Department – Programs cancelled.
- Library – Closed to the public.
- Municipal Court – Closed.
- Park and Playgrounds - Open.
- Municipal Offices – Open.
While certain of our facilities remain open, we are seeking your assistance and cooperation to help protect your neighbors and our employees.
- If you’re sick – stay home!
- If you need to visit our municipal center, please check to see if the service you need is available through our on-line services.
- If you simply need a question answered, please call (665-1400) or use the action line requests through the “Contact Us” tab on the top of the home page of our web-site.
- If you must visit the municipal center, please use the sanitizing hand gel upon entering the building. When interacting with our staff, please maintain a respectful distance and turn away and move away if you need to sneeze or cough.
- If you are in public, please use the same social distancing (6 feet) when encountering others in the public spaces. Please be sure to talk with your children about the need to be respectful of people’s space. What your child brings home can impact your entire family.
- Wash your hands frequently. You know how to do this – no need to tell you again.
This information will be updated as necessary. It is likely this will take some time to resolve itself so we all need to use personal protection techniques to reduce the spread of the virus. Your assistance and cooperation is greatly appreciated.