Travel is on the rise in the United States. According to a recent AAA Travel survey, nearly 100 million Americans are planning a vacation in 2019. Don’t stress out about planning your vacation! Below are five travel tips from Brandi Zabransky, concierge at Lantern Hill, a developed and managed Erickson Living senior living community in New Providence, New Jersey.
- Check your credit card accounts to see if you have any miles or reward points redeemable towards travel such a hotel or a flight.
- Invest in travel insurance in case you have to cancel your plans last minute.
- Book a non-stop flight if possible to avoid connection problems and reduce total travel time.
- In addition to luggage tags, have your name, home address, phone numbers and destination contact information inside your baggage.
- Remember to ask for senior discounts!
Zabransky helps plan trips and excursions for Lantern Hill residents throughout the year to local attractions, museums, theatre shows, and more. In addition to Lantern Hill sponsored trips, residents are also taking road trips to visit family and friends, enjoying cruises, and traveling internally.
“Residents can travel with the peace of mind knowing their apartment home and belongings are secure,” said Zabransky.
Lantern Hill is a not-for-profit organization, developed and managed by Erickson Living®. The community is governed by its own board of directors affiliated with National Senior Campuses, who provide independent financial and operational oversight of the community.
About Lantern Hill: Lantern Hill, one of 20 continuing care retirement communities developed and managed by Erickson Living®, is situated on a scenic 26-acre campus in New Providence, New Jersey. The not-for-profit community of more than 390 residents and 300 employees is governed by its own board of directors, affiliated with National Senior Campuses, who provide independent financial and operational oversight of the community. Additional information about Lantern Hill can be found at LanternHillCommunity.com.