- Lawmakers Denounce SCOTUS Nomination at Essex County Courthouse
- Newark May Get a Boost From Investors with New Federal Program
- National Weather Service Issues Heat Advisory Through 6 p.m. Tuesday July 17
- Lincoln Park's Sustainable Health & Wellness Initiative Celebrates 5 Years at ...
- Safety in Numbers: Computer Scientist Races to Develop Unhackable Code to ...
- Ironbound Residents Plea for Parking at Zoning Board Meeting
By REBECCA PANICOJuly 11, 2018
NEWARK, NJ - Amazon will get a payroll tax break at a cost of $1 billion to the city should the company open its second headquarters here.
It’s one of two ordinances that were approved by the Newark City Council council to sweeten the deal for the corporate giant and stand out among other locations vying for Amazon’s so-called HQ2.
“The City Council has brought Newark a ...