- Essex County Undersheriff Kevin Ryan dies
- Newark students share books and hope with Puerto Rican kids
- Step Team from Newark middle school finishes on the podium in national step ...
- Hispanic Law Enforcement Society raises scholarship funds for Newark students
- McGovern's summer renovation closing party celebrates change
- New Brunswick Civic League leader still looking for new challenges after 48 ...
By MARK J. BONAMOJune 16, 2018
It always takes a few seconds for your eyes to adjust when you walk into McGovern's Tavern in Newark, a downtown fixture since 1936.
But this Friday afternoon, there were two immediate sights that demonstrated something was different.
First, most of the photos, portraits, and articles that cover the bar's walls were removed, the relics of decades of history gone.
Second, you ...