NEWARK, NJ — A series of city-led community meetings regarding Newark's lead service line replacement project will take place in each ward over the next two weeks.
Municipal officials from the Department of Water and Sewer Utilities will brief residents on the progress made toward removing lead service lines and replacing them with copper ones.
Since beginning the program in 2019, Newark has replaced more than 5,000 of an estimated 18,000 lead lines. The city expects to accomplish the task at no cost to residents.
At the meetings, residents will have an opportunity to ask questions and give input.
All meetings will take place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- South Ward: Thursday, Jan. 23, NAN Newark Tech World, 400 Hawthorne Ave.
- Central Ward: Monday, Jan. 27: Humanity Baptist Church, 235 Bergen St.
- East Ward: Tuesday, Jan. 28: Casa Do Mino Social Club, 111 St. Charles St.
- West Ward: Wednesday, Jan. 29: Family Manor Restaurant, 795 Sanford Ave.
- North Ward: Tuesday, Feb. 4: Third Presbyterian Church, 395 Ridge St.