- Sparta Police: Newton Woman Charged with DWI
- Newton District Says Farewell to Teacher Librarian After 17 Years
- Newton School Icon Retires After 20 Years, Leaving Behind a Legacy
- Newton High School Choir Ends School Year in Song
- Franklin Police Report $30,000 Loss from Break-in at Franklin Mineral Museum
- Little Miss, Little Mister, and Miss Newton Winners Crowned for 2017
By TAPINTO SPARTA STAFFJune 24, 2017
SPARTA, NJ – Broken license plate lights on a Newton woman’s car caught the attention of a Sparta Police Officer Tom Herd on Sparta Avenue on June 17 at 3:10 a.m. Herd turned around and followed the 1999 Honda being driven by Jamie Garcia, according to police.
Garcia, 25, was unable to say in her lane as Herd followed, “constantly crossing the double yellow ...