- Sparta VFW Prepares for Memorial Day Parade
- Sparta Police: Newton Man Faces Drug and DWI Charges
- Newton Boys Baseball Loses to Sparta by One
- Seton Hall Prep Dedicates Tevlin Memorial Field and Zimmermann Scoreboard
- Rain Does Not Stop Sparta's Girls on the Run 5K
- Newton Boys Lacrosse Takes Win in Overtime of Tournament
By TAPINTO SPARTA STAFFMay 23, 2017
SPARTA, NJ – A Newton man is facing DWI and drug charges after being stopped for erratic driving. On May 11 Sparta police received a call from an off-duty officer from another town, reporting he was following a 1999 Lexus SUV that could not stay in the lane. Further, the officer reported the driver had fallen asleep behind the wheel at a traffic light in Jefferson and hit the ...