NEWTON, NJ - Parenting workshops for families with children of all ages will be offered this fall by the Sussex County Family Success Center at Project Self-Sufficiency.
Participants will learn about the different stages of physical and emotional development during childhood, as well as techniques for positive discipline and improved communication.
All classes will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. The sessions are free and open to the public, but registration is required. The agency is located at 127 Mill Street in Newton.
- Classes for parents of adolescents will be offered on Tuesdays, September 22 through December 15.
- Parents of school-aged children, ages six through twelve, are invited to attend a course on Wednesdays, September 23rd through December 16th.
- Expectant parents can take a prenatal parenting class on Wednesdays, September 23 through November 18.
- A course for those parenting infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children will be held on Thursdays, September 24 through December 17.
- A course designed just for fathers will take place on Thursdays, September 24 through November 19.
The Family Success Center at Project Self-Sufficiency is a program of support offered to all families. In addition to parenting skills training, local families can participate in family activities, receive information about health and nutrition, take part in economic self-sufficiency programs, receive legal education, obtain referrals, and other services throughout the year.
To register for the free parenting workshops, to discuss your parenting needs, or to find out more about other programs and services available at the Sussex County Family Success Center at Project Self-Sufficiency, call 973-940-3500, or visit www.projectselfsufficiency.org.