NEWTON, NJ – The Town of Newton has announced a mosquito spraying program will be taking place on Tuesday, September 5 from 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. The product to be used is Scourage 4% + 12% EPA Reg #432-716 with the active ingredient being Resmethrin, according to the Sussex County Office of Mosquito Control.
These areas will be sprayed:
- South Park Drive,
- Clinton Street and connecting roads,
- East Clinton Street and connecting roads,
- Mountain View Street and connecting roads,
- portions of Hicks Avenue,
- Grand Avenue,
- Lincoln Place,
- Hillside Terrace,
- Park Avenue,
- Pine Street and connecting roads,
- Strafford Lane and connecting roads,
- Glenn Terrace and
- Hillside Avenue.
The spraying will be done from a truck.
Contact the Office of Mosquito Control at 973-940-5225 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.Monday - Friday for any question.