NEWTON, NJ – Newton Board of Education only drew two candidates for three seats on the ballot for the November 7 election. Incumbent Stella Dunn of 24 Hillside Terrace will be seeking re-election. Tina Larsen of 22 Hillside Terrace will also be running. Both seats are for a three year term.
The nominating petitions were due to the county clerk’s office by 4 p.m. on Monday.
Some important election dates:
- August 14 Ballot position drawn
- September 8 Deadline for a School Board candidate to withdraw
- September 23 Absentee ballots begin to be mailed
- October 17 Last day to register to vote- Board of Elections will remain open late that day
- October 31 Deadline for County Clerk to receive an application for a Mail-in Ballot
- November 6 Last day to apply in person for a Mail-in Ballot
- November 7 Election Day
Mail-in ballots must be received in the county clerk’s office by close of polls on November 7.