NEWTON, NJ – Several Newton residents have received recognition for their achievements at their educational institutions.
Peter Joseph Klimek was awarded Gold Stars by The Citadel for earning a grade point ratio of 3.7 or higher during the spring semester of the 2014-15 academic year. The cadets were recognized during a special ceremony in May.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute named the following students to the Deans’ List for spring semester 2015 The Dean's List recognizes full-time students who maintain grade-point averages of a minimum of 3.0 out of a possible 4.0 and have no grades below C:
- Christian Avarella studies Aeronautical Engineering
- Andrew Dugan studies Chemical Engineering
- Thomas Kelly studies Electrical Engineering
Kendyl Cartagena has enrolled at Lycoming College for the fall semester 2015.
Leah Michelle Glennon and Emily Delnero have been named to the University of Rhode Island’s Deans’ List. To be included on the Dean's List at the Kingston school students must have completed 12 or more credits during a semester for letter grades with at least a 3.30 quality point average.
Jamie Saladino, a student at Fairleigh Dickinson University's Metropolitan in Teaneck, NJ, has been inducted into FDU's Phi Zeta Kappa honor society for the Spring 2015 semester. Eligibility for membership in the University's junior honor society is established by completing at least the first 60 credits toward an undergraduate degree. Of these, 44 must have been earned at Fairleigh Dickinson and a CGPR of 3.20 must have been maintained for all of them.
Students at Fairleigh Dickinson University's Metropolitan Campus, located in Teaneck have been named to the Dean's and Honors Lists for the spring 2015 semester:
- Robert Smith has been named to the Honors List. To qualify for the Honor's List, a student must carry a 3.5 or better grade point average out of a possible 4.0 and be enrolled in a minimum of 12 letter-graded hours
- Tonya Phillips and Jamie Saladino have been named to the Dean's List. To qualify for the Dean's List, a student must carry a 3.2 or better grade point average out of a possible 4.0 and be enrolled in a minimum of 12 letter-graded hours.
Amy Branham and Marie Peralta have been named to the President’s List at Berkeley College maintaining a minimum GPA of 4.0.
Katherine Pacheco, Tanysha Soulia and Maxine Swentzel have been named to the Deans’ List at Berkeley College, maintaining a minimum GPA of 3.5.