SUSSEX, NJ – The plans for the fourth annual Sussex County Veteran’s Picnic have been announce by the Sussex County Department of Human Services. Together with Division of Senior Services, Municipal Alliance and the Veteran’s Committee they host the picnic on Saturday, Aug 27.
Veterans and their families are welcome to attend the event at the American Legion Post 213 from noon until 3 p.m. Food will be served from 12:30 until 2 p.m. They will be able to enjoy live music, giveaways as well as have access to information about veterans’ services.
Several agencies will be at the picnic to provide details and assistance about their veteran’s programs including:
- US Department of Veterans Affairs,
- Sussex County Community College,
- Catholic Family and Community Services,
- Sussex County Division of Senior Services,
- Sussex County Municipal Alliance and
- Sussex County Mental Health Board
According to the organizers they would like to invite veterans and their families to “share an afternoon with your fellow veterans with fine food and comradery.”
Registration is required by Aug 19 via email or by phone 973-579-0555 X 1221.