SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials will not be making any announcement until Monday.
As of July 31 there were 1,340 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 195 deaths and 1,134 recovered coronavirus patients.
Some key data points rose while others continued in a downward trend.
State officials have announced coronavirus hospitalizations moved to lower 491 from 697 on Friday. The Rt rate moved up to 1.44 as of August 1. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
There were 393 new COVID-19 cases and 11 new deaths reported on August 1 down from 699 reported on July 31.
Governor Murphy extended the COVID-19 by another 30 days.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there were 13,955 deaths and 182,029 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.66% as of August 1. The dashboard said 2,096,329 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 31.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 20,494 coronavirus patients and 1,785 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 19,497 positive tests and 1,332 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,859 coronavirus related deaths and 19,505 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 4,620,182 confirmed cases and 154,360 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 3.34%, down from 3.36% on Friday. As of August 1, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,694.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 242 with 112 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 69 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 86 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 20 with one death
- Green Township 28 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 31 with one death
- Hampton Township 36 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 57 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 142 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 14 with one death
- Montague Township 33 with four deaths
- Newton Town 111 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 126 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 25 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 143 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 63 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.