SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health officials reported one additional cases COVID-19, one additional coronavirus related deaths on June 30. The total number of cases in the county to 1235 with 193 deaths and 1036 recovered patients.
A 77-year-old Sparta woman lost her life to COVID-19.
Governor Phil Murphy signed a budget bill today allocating $7.6 billion to be spent before the end of September. This includes cutting $1.2 million in previous authorized spending, eliminating $850 million for programs due to begin July 1 and cutting non-salary items by 5%.
School aid and social programs did not get cut according to Murphy.
The list of states requiring post-travel quarantine was lengthened to include eight more states; California, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada and Tennessee join Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Utah and Texas.
The voluntary request to quarantine is the same as New York and Connecticut. Truck drivers are exempt.
State officials reported the number of hospitalized coronavirus patients dropped below 1000 for the first time, to 978. The reproductive rate remains below 1, at 0.86 the same as it was last week.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,181 reported coronavirus deaths, 30,092 recovered patients and 171,667 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,422,374 New Jersey residents have been tested as of June 30.
Bergen County has the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,423 coronavirus patients and 1,726 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,841 positive tests and 1,280 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,784 coronavirus related deaths and 18,758 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,634,432 confirmed cases and 127,410 coronavirus deaths. As of June 30, New York City has reported 32,032 COVID-19 related deaths and 70,487 recovered patients.
COVID-19 patients by town as of June 30 COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 240 with 110 deaths
- Branchville Borough 7 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 18 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 128 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 105 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 7 with one death
- Sparta Township 110 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Sussex Borough 14 with one death
- Vernon Township 135 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 53 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.