NEWTON, NJ – The annual Miss Newton, Little Miss and Mister Newton Contests will be held on June 9 at 5:30 p.m. at Project Self-Sufficiency in Newton. The contest is open to permanent residents of the Town of Newton. Applications must be submitted by noon on June 2.
Miss Newton must be between 17 and 21-years-old. The application includes a written essay. The contestants will be judged on personal presentation, poise, demeanor and overall appearance. They will be asked two questions on the day of the competition, in front of the judges.
The winner is required to attend:
- Newton Day Saturday, June 10, 2017.
- The Queen of the Fair Rehearsal on Monday, July 31st at 5 PM.
- The Queen of the Fair Pageant on Saturday, August 5th (schedule to follow).
- Various Pageant duties throughout the week of the Fair, August 5th through August 13th
Little Miss and Mister candidates must be between five and seven years old at the time of the event. Applicants must submit an introduction of not more than 75 words describing hobbies, talents, special interests or accomplishments as well as any significant family or school history.
The winners will be required to attend Newton Day on June 10.
All winners are also invited to attend these additional events:
- The Holiday Parade Saturday, November 25, 2017.
- The Holiday Senior Luncheon, date to follow.
- The Annual Holiday Tree Lighting Monday, date to follow.
- The Spring Senior Luncheon, date to follow.
- The St. Patrick’s Day Parade, date to follow.
- The Memorial Day Parade