NEWTON, NJ—The Annual Holiday Parade is taking place on Spring Street on Saturday, November 30.
The parade will begin at 10 a.m. will close Spring Street until 2 p.m. There will also be a Gingerbread House Contest this year.
Entries for the contest can be dropped off at the Newton Theatre Arts Academy on Saturday between 10 and 11 a.m.
Prizes for the contest will be awarded for two age categories and winners will be announced around 1 p.m.
According to the organizers, winners do not need to be present, but houses need to be picked up by 2 p.m. Kits are also welcome.
The following stores on Spring Street are participating in the Small Business Saturday and parking is free in the municipal lots:
- Black Dog Books - 188 Spring St - Books and jewelry.
- CBD of Newton - 211 Spring St - Stop in and meet the coming store!
- Decades of Memories - 221 Spring St - Vinyl records and vintage gifts.
- Downtown Dollar Super Store - 169 Spring St - Stocking stuffers, gift wrap and more!
- Feels Like Home - 192 Spring St - Antiques, decor and trains.
- Free Bird Tattoo - 180 Spring St - Gift Certificate bonus! Receive an extra $25 dollars for every $100 purchased! Toy Drive in progress.
- Green Cart Catering - 188 Spring St - Vegan cookie samples!
- J Caldwell - 145 Spring St - Meet Santa, Free! 12:30 p.m. until 2 p.m.
- Kudzu Emporium - 124 Spring St - Antiques, gifts and collectibles.
- Maxwell and Molly's Closet - 218 Spring St - Dog/Cat treat samples and discounts until 2 p.m.
- The Newton Theatre - 234 Spring St - Celtic Christmas 8 p.m. tickets required.
- Penelope's Treasures - 166 Spring St - Vintage furniture and decor.
- Sensible Addictions - 129 Spring St - Cosmetics and gifts!
- Spring Liquors - 110 Spring St - Spirits and Champagne for gift giving.
- Sussex County Arts & Heritage Council - 133 Spring St - Holiday scavenger hunt, holiday coloring pages and 10% off your purchase until 4 p.m. DIY ornament $1.00.
- The Barrel House - 173 Spring St - Jeiris Cook LIVE! 8:30 p.m until 11:30 p.m.