NEW JERSEY – In addition to the closing of non-essential businesses, Governor Murphy’s unprecedented Executive Order 107, signed on Saturday, requires people stay home. There are several exceptions in the order. The order specifically exempts walking, running, operating a wheelchair or other outdoor activities with “family members, caretakers, household members or romantic partners.”
The six feet separation rule applies with the same exceptions for family and certain others.
Exceptions to the Stay at Home Rule are:
- getting takeout from a restaurant,
- getting medical attentions
- going to work
- going to one of the stores still allowed to be open
- leaving for educational, religious or political reasons,
- fear for his or her safety or at the direction of police,
The order asks that people only use public transportation if there is no other option.
Parties are also addressed in this order. All social events of any kind are canceled, regardless of the number of people.