SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –Sussex County Division of Health officials did not release any new data for July 25.
As of July 24 there were 1,308 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 195 deaths and 1,105 recovered coronavirus patients.
State officials have announced coronavirus hospitalizations were down to 831 and there were 16 COVID-19 deaths. The Rt rate dropped to .84 as of July 25.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there were 13,856 deaths and 178,858 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 7.74%. The dashboard said 1,887,644 New Jersey residents been tested as of July 24, that number was not updated on July 25.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 20,192 coronavirus patients adding one since yesterday and 1,781 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 19,329 positive tests and 1,323 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,854 coronavirus related deaths and 19,263 positive test results.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard, the four counties with the fewest number of reported cases and coronavirus related deaths are Cape May County, Salem County, Hunterdon County and Sussex County, as of July 21.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 4,176,416 confirmed cases and 146,418 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 3.50%, up from 3.31% on Friday. As of July 25, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 32,608.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 242 with 112 deaths
- Branchville Borough 9 with one death
- Byram Township 63 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 85 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 47 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 20 with one death
- Green Township 24 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 31 with one death
- Hampton Township 35 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 54 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 140 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 32 with four deaths
- Newton Town 111 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 8 with one death
- Sparta Township 121 with 11 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 23 with one death
- Stillwater Township 14 with one death
- Sussex Borough 17 with one death
- Vernon Township 139 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 61 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.