SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health has not released any data for Sunday, June 21.
The number of COVID-19 related hospitalizations has dropped below 1,000 according to state officials.
Personal care businesses may reopen on Monday, June 22. This includes hair salons, barber shops, massage parlors, tanning salons, day spas, electrology, cosmetology and medical spas, tattoo parlors and nail salons.
Patrons must make appointments to go to the personal care businesses. Walk-ins are not allowed. Clients and staff must wear masks along with other precautions.
High school and youth sports get the green light on July 13. Practices can being with limitations including non-contact drills, no locker rooms except for “one at a time” bathroom use. COVID-19 screenings are required daily.
The governor is expected to announce guidelines for schools in the state to reopen in the fall.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 12,870 reported coronavirus deaths and 169,142 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,244,967 New Jersey residents have been tested as of June 21.
Bergen County has passes Hudson County and is now the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,010 coronavirus patients and 1,696 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,744 positive tests and 1,262 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,760 coronavirus related deaths and 18,551 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,279,879 confirmed cases and 119,969 coronavirus deaths. New York City has reported 31,125 COVID-19 related deaths and 69,506 recovered patients as of June 20.
COVID-19 patients by town as of June 20 with COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 239 with 109 deaths
- Branchville Borough 5 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 22 deaths
- Franklin Borough 46 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 17 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 33 with two deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 127 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 12 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 104 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 16 with one death
- Sandyston Township 7 with one death
- Sparta Township 108 with nine deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13
- Sussex Borough 13 with one death
- Vernon Township 133 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 54 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.