SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health reported one additional case COVID-19, no additional coronavirus related deaths on June 22. The total number of cases in the county to 1220 with 189 deaths and 1020 recovered patients, reported on June 22.
State officials have increased the number of people who can gather outside from 100 to 250, effective immediately. There is no limit for outdoor religious or political activities. Indoors the limit is now 100 or 25% of the capacity.
July 2 will usher in additional easing of the shutdown, if statics continue to improve. Casinos in Atlantic City can reopen at 25% capacity with required face coverings. Restaurants can resume indoor service at 25% capacity.
Governor Murphy warned he would tighten restrictions again if people flout the mask and distancing rules.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 12,895 reported coronavirus deaths and 169,415 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,267,399 New Jersey residents have been tested as of June 22.
Bergen County has passes Hudson County and is now the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,037 coronavirus patients and 1,701 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,755 positive tests and 1,266 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,761 coronavirus related deaths and 18,578 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,292,867 confirmed cases and 120,121 coronavirus deaths. New York City has reported 31,168 COVID-19 related deaths and 69,506 recovered patients as of June 202
California has passed New Jersey and now has the second most cases of coronavirus behind New York. New Jersey, however, has the second most deaths behind New York.
COVID-19 patients by town as of June 22 COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 239 with 109 deaths
- Branchville Borough 5 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 22 deaths
- Franklin Borough 46 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 17 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 33 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 127 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 12 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 105 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 16 with one death
- Sandyston Township 7 with one death
- Sparta Township 108 with nine deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13
- Sussex Borough 13 with one death
- Vernon Township 134 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 53 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.