SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health reported two additional cases COVID-19, one additional coronavirus related deaths on June 23. The total number of cases in the county to 1223 with 190 deaths and 1021 recovered patients, reported on June 23.
County officials said a 74-year-old Andover man lost is life to coronavirus.
Governor Murphy said announcements about opening indoor recreation businesses and activities are expected tomorrow.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 12,949 reported coronavirus deaths and 169,734 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,283,451 New Jersey residents have been tested as of June 23.
Bergen County has passes Hudson County and is now the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,069 coronavirus patients and 1,706 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,773 positive tests and 1,268 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,765 coronavirus related deaths and 18,592 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,346,950 confirmed cases and 121,228 coronavirus deaths. New York City has reported 31,232 COVID-19 related deaths and 69,710 recovered patients as of June 23.
COVID-19 patients by town as of June 23 COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 239 with 110 deaths
- Branchville Borough 5 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 22 deaths
- Franklin Borough 46 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 17 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 127 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 12 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 105 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 16 with one death
- Sandyston Township 7 with one death
- Sparta Township 108 with nine deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13
- Sussex Borough 13 with one death
- Vernon Township 135 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 53 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.