SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County Division of Health does not report on Sunday. On Saturday, June 27 officials reported no additional cases COVID-19, one additional coronavirus related deaths. The total number of cases in the county to 1228 with 191 deaths and 1029 recovered patients.
Beginning tomorrow, Monday, June 29 shoppers can head to the mall but bring the mask. On Thursday, July 2 New Jersey will open even more, though patrons will continue to be held to social distancing and other coronavirus precautions:
- Bars and Restaurants can serve inside at 25% capacity
- Casinos will also be welcoming patrons back to the tables
- Fitness Centers can offer personal instruction
- Swimming pools, amusement parks and water parks will be open
The Motor Vehicle Commission, previously announced to open on June 29 has been postponed to July 7 according to state officials. This affects residents looking to get new driver’s permits or licenses, out of state transfers and REAL ID appointments as well as registration and title documents for individuals.
Road tests for drivers licenses and vehicle inspections will begin on Monday, June 29.
According to the New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard there are 13,121 reported coronavirus deaths, 30,092 recovered patients and 171,182 confirmed positive coronavirus cases. The dashboard 1,387,833 New Jersey residents have been tested as of June 28.
Bergen County has the highest number of positive tests in the state with 19,354 coronavirus patients and 1,720 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 18,834 positive tests and 1,278 deaths. Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,784 coronavirus related deaths and 18,716 positive test results
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, The United States currently has 2,542,675 confirmed cases and 125,763 coronavirus deaths. As of June 28, New York City has reported 31,397 COVID-19 related deaths and 70,010 recovered patients.
COVID-19 patients by town as of June 27 COVID-19 related deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 240 with 110 deaths
- Branchville Borough 5 with one death
- Byram Township 54 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 84 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 46 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 19 with one death
- Green Township 17 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 29 with one death
- Hampton Township 34 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 55 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 127 with eight deaths
- Lafayette Township 13 with one death
- Montague Township 29 with four deaths
- Newton Town 105 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 17 with one death
- Sandyston Township 7 with one death
- Sparta Township 110 with nine deaths
- Stanhope Borough 21 with one death
- Stillwater Township 13
- Sussex Borough 13 with one death
- Vernon Township 135 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 53 with one death
Testing is available in at CVS in Sparta.
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.