SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ –The Sussex County officials reported 15 new cases and no additional deaths on October 9. The next report from the county will be on Tuesday, October 13.
As of October 8, there were 1683 cases of COVID-19 in the county, 197 deaths and 1,372 recovered coronavirus patients. Two cases have been reassigned out of the county.
In New Jersey the Rt rate dropped slightly 1.17 as of October 11. Any number over 1 indicates the virus is spreading. The mortality rate in the state continues to decline as the rate of positive tests is increasing.
State officials announced hospitalizations on Sunday are 170 from 641 on Saturday.
New Jersey had an additional 751 new coronavirus cases and three additional COVID-19 deaths on October 11 according to the state department of health.
New Jersey Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard reported there were 14,386 deaths and 213,628 confirmed positive coronavirus cases with a mortality rate of 6.73% as of October 11. The dashboard said 3,914,021 New Jersey residents been tested as October 10.
Bergen County continues to have the highest number of positive tests in the state with 23,173 patients and 1,809 deaths. Hudson County is reporting 21,183 positive tests and 1,360 deaths.
Essex County is reporting the highest COVID-19 death toll with 1,900 coronavirus related deaths and 21,760 positive test results.
According to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center, the United States currently has 7,752,640 confirmed cases and 214,690 coronavirus deaths, with a mortality rate of 2.76%. As of October 11, New York City continues to report the highest number of coronavirus related deaths with a reported 33,294 New York has also reported 77,514 recovered coronavirus patients.
Sussex County COVID-19 positive cases and deaths:
- Andover Borough 2
- Andover Township 253 with 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough 11 with one death
- Byram Township 91 with three deaths
- Frankford Township 90 with 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough 51 with two deaths
- Fredon Township 28 with one death
- Green Township 31 with one death
- Hamburg Borough 47 with one death
- Hampton Township 41 with three deaths
- Hardyston Township 72 with three death
- Hopatcong Borough 165 with seven deaths
- Lafayette Township 19 with one death
- Montague Township 40 with four deaths
- Newton Town 141 with 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough 21 with two deaths
- Sandyston Township 11 with one death
- Sparta Township 225 with 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough 33 with one death
- Stillwater Township 18 with one death
- Sussex Borough 20 with one death
- Vernon Township 192 with six deaths
- Wantage Township 81 with one death
COVID-19 testing in Sussex County is only available through local health care facilities. Check their websites for details.
Testing is available in at:
- CVS in Sparta and Oak Ridge.
- Enzo in Oak Ridge https://www.enzoclinicallabs.com/
- Skylands Urgent Care in Franklin http://www.skylandsurgentcare.com/
- URGIMED Urgent Care - Randolph, NJ 973-891-1321
- PM Pediatrics - Pompton Plains, NJ 973-616-5437
- Medemerge - Green Brook, NJ 732-968-8900
New Jersey Department of Human Services has launched a hotline for residents who need help coping with stress and anxiety during the health crisis. The hotline is open from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. seven days a week- 866-202-4357.
St. Joseph’s Health in Paterson is also providing a free helpline for hearing impaired Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 973-870-0677.
The state COVID-19 hotline can be reached by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 or text NJCOVID to 898-211.