NEWTON, NJ- Many schools and organizations have given their support for the Whiteout to be held on Thursday, May 23 in remembrance of Lexi Faye. (Updates are in BOLD)
Jake McNamara, a Newton Youth Football player, wrestler and lacrosse player wanted to do what he could to help raise money for the Lexi Faye Heart of Gold Scholarship fund. He opted of Lemonade for Lexi, selling lemonade and white ribbons to donate to the fund, reportedly raising $122 in a few hours.
The Newton United U-19 girls soccer team Supporting the whiteout and the undefeated Newton Little League Lugnuts team says Lexi has been their inspiration The Morris Sussex Sports facebook page has already raised $2000 in less than three days through the sale of the Newton Strong T-Shirt. They are donating 100% of the proceeds.
On Tuesday, Lakeland Bank told TAPinto Newton they would be supporting the whiteout on Thursday by having their employees wear white and making a donation to the scholarship fund.
RE/MAX Platinum Group in Sparta and Newton Home Depot also announced they would be supporting the whiteout.
Also on Tuesday, Physical Therapy Plus's Diana Fox said they would be participating in the whiteout as did the Rutherford Little League Baseball program.
The gofundme page reports $6,141 has been raised for the Lexi Faye Heart of Gold Lacrosse Scholarship fund as of Tuesday, May 21.
Nisivoccia LLP will be supporting the Whiteout. TAPinto Newton reporter Danielle Francisco created 200 ribbons to be sold for $1 with the proceeds to be donated to the Lexi Faye Heart of Gold Lacrosse Scholarship Fund. Additionally, the company will be holding their monthly Jeans Day in June to support the scholarship fund. For a donation of $5 employees can wear jeans to work.
Jahaad Johnson, a senior at Morris Knolls High School pledged $100 to the scholarship fund. Johnson will be attending William Patterson in the fall.
On Monday Bristol Glen announced they will be selling white ribbons to residents, staff and families, the proceeds of which will go to the Lexi Faye Heart of Gold Lacrosse Scholarship fund. Shortly after the announcement, Kelly Fieldhouse, Director of Sales, received a phone call from their home office and the United Methodist Communities Foundation saying they will match any money collected from the Bristol Glen community.
The law firm of Wiss & Company, LLP, at which Russ Faye is a partner, said they will be supporting the Faye family by participating in the Whiteout on Thursday.
The loss of Newton High School’s Lexie Faye will undoubtedly have a lasing impact on the community. May 23 will be Newton Strong Day. On that day, students from at least 26 schools in three counties will participate in a Whiteout, wearing white to honor Faye.
The list of participating schools, businesses and organizations that have committed to participate:
- Sparta High School,
- Kittatinny High School,
- Hopatcong High School,
- Lenape Valley Regional High School,
- High Point Regional High School,,
- Wallkill Valley Regional High School,
- Vernon High School,
- Pope John XXIII Regional High School,
- Sussex County Technical School,
- Montville High School,
- Hackettstown High School,
- Villa Walsh Academy,
- Green Apple Academy,
- Morris Hills High School,
- Green Hills Elementary,
- Butler High School,
- North Warren Regional High School,
- Parsippany Hills High School,
- Roxbury High School,
- Jefferson School District
- Parsippany High School,
- West Morris Central High School,
- Morris Catholic High School,
- Whippany Park High School,
- Hanover Park High School,
- Mount Olive High School,
- Andover Regional School District,
- Frankford Township School,
- Morris Knolls High School
- Jean M Manfra School,
- Hamburg School,
- Morristown-Beard School,
- West Milford High School,
- Phillipsburg High School,
- Stanhope Valley Road School,
- Pequannock High School,
- Randolph High School,
- Sparta Middle School Track Team,
- Madison High School,
- Belvidere High School,
- Morristown High School,
Businesses and Organizations
- Ivy Rehab,
- Wendy's Place,
- Parisi Speed School of Morristown,
- Capitol Care,
- Newton First Aid Squad,
- Newton Fire Department,
- Town of Newton Recreation,
- Healthy Kids Running Series,
- Hit & Run Sports,
- Serenity Dental Spa,
- Netcong Laundromat & Dry Cleaning
- Wharton Fire Department,
- A-Lit Photography,
- Salon Di Panache,
- Township of Denville,
- Applebees of Newton,
- Grano Pain Relief and Wellness Center,
- Sussex County Educational Services Commission,
- Kidz World,
- Pediatric Dentistry,
- 4 Chicks Cafe,
- Newton Sparta Pediatric Dentistry,
- Pass it Along,
- Tech Farm,
- Ibranyi is Floral
- Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Porchlight Properties,
- Affordable Ductworx,
- New Jersey Coalition 4 Education and Positive Choices
- Salon and Spa Boulder Hills,
- Barrel House,
- M.Scott Glove Repair,
- Play 2 Win Academy,
- 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu,
- Gizzi Productions,
- The Wedding Store,
- Giant Gymnastics,
- R & T Nautilus Fitness
- Bentley Assisted Living
- Megan O'Keeffe Photography,
- Mitchell Insurance Agency,
- Smith-McCracken Funeral Home,
- Morris Sussex Sports,
- Hollyberry Lane Primitives,
- FootCare Associates,
- Bagel Bistro,
- Alpha Fitness,
- Between the Bread,
- Newton Trophy and Screen Printing,
- Benny's Bodega,
- Anna Patras Orthodontics,
- Hackettstown Medical PC,
- Jake McNamara - Lemonade for Lexi
- Academic Resources,
- Newton Home Depot,
- RE/MAX Platinum Sparta,
- Physical Therapy Plus,
- Lakeland Bank
- Orthopedic Institute of New Jersey,
- Sebella Concepts
- Selective Insurance,
- Nisivoccia LLP,
- Ultima Hair Designers Salon and Spa,
- Parisi Speed School of Rockaway,
- Hayek's Hometown Market,
- Rutherford Little League Baseball Program
- Newton United U-19 Soccer Team
This list continues to grow and will be updated. Students, schools, businesses and organizations are raising funds through the sale of white ribbons and other activities to donate to the Lexi Faye Heart of Gold Lacrosse Scholarship fund. Donations can also be made through the Lexi Faye Heart of Gold Lacrosse Scholarship gofundme page.
T-shirts can be can be purchased as part of the fundraising efforts. Morris Sussex Sports through Custom Ink is donating 100% of the proceeds to the scholarship fund. Also, 5 Diva Girls - Jacquie Ferdenzi will be donating $10 to the scholarship fund for every $20 shirt sold.
The scholarship was set up by family friends, according to Newton High School Principal Jeff Waldron. Donations can be sent directly to Newton High School c/o Lisa Casamassina. Checks should be made out to Newton High School with the scholarship noted in the memo line.
On May 11, the day after the prom, Faye lost her life in a car crash in Fredon. Three other teens in the car were injured. Two remain hospitalized at Morristown Medical Center. The community came together for a candlelight vigil at the school on May 15. Services were held on May 16 and a Mass Service was held on May 17.
As of Monday, May 20 the GoFundMe pages is showing $5,029 donations from 89 people.
Graphics by Morris Sussex Sports
EDITOR'S NOTE: Please consider sharing your whiteout photos with TAPinto Newton email@example.com.