NEWTON, NJ – The Town of Newton will be picking up brush during the May. According to town officials, Department of Public Works crews will be collecting brush placed at the curb by 7 a.m.
The pick up schedule will go according to Recycling Zone:
- Zone 1 – pick up the week of May 4
- Zone 2 – pick up the week of May 11
- Zone 3 – pick up the week of May 18
- Zone 4 – pick up the week of May 25.
According to the announcement there will be no exceptions.
- Place brush out at the curb line, parallel to the roadway and not in the street. This will avoid interference with traffic.
- Tree limbs must be smaller than 4 inches in diameter.
- The clean up is intended for residents to clear away naturally occurring fallen winter brush and light pruning. Property owners are responsible for felled trees.
- Non-chippable items including leaves, vines, stumps and building materials will not be collected during the spring.
All yard waste can be taken to the Sussex County Municipal Utilities Authority in Lafayette for disposal.