NEWTON, NJ—The Newton High School girls tennis team took their third win of the season when they hosted Hopatcong on Wednesday.
Newton shut out Hopatcong 5-0. Their current record this season is 3-1, with their 3-2 loss to Kittatinny on Monday.
The results for the matches are as follows:
- 1st Singles: Arianna Gali, (N), won over Siera Ostman (H) 6-1, 6-0
- 2nd Singles: Eve Sylvester, (N) won over Kelly Du (H) 6-1, 6-0
- 3rd Singles: Kaylee Westerfield, (N) won 6-0, 6-0
- 1st Doubles: Maddy Chymiy and Brittany Reimer, (N) won 6-0, 6-0
- 2nd Doubles: Olivia Martin and Hayden Caico, (N) won 6-1, 6-2
The stats posted on the highschoolsports website were incomplete as the time of this publication. The team will take on Vernon away on Friday, September 13 beginning at 4 p.m.