The deadline for submissions to fill the vacancy of director left by Stephen Hladik on North Penn School Board has been extended to July 11.
Residents or taxpayers of the district who desire to volunteer to fill Hladik's seat must forward a letter of interest, resume, a complete state ethics form and responses to five questions by noon July 11. The ethics form can be found here.
Applicants must answer these five questions:
- How long have you lived in North Penn?
- What is your current occupation?
- Do you have any relatives or family working for North Penn School District?
- Do you have children attending school in the North Penn School District? If so, what schools and grades?
- Why are you interested in serving on the North Penn School Board?
All information must be sent to Stephen Skrocki, NPSD Board Secretary, 401 E. Hancock St., Lansdale, PA 19446.
Originally, residents had until noon Monday to submit applications.
The school board has 30 days from June 27 to fill the seat. The term expires December 2015.
According to the district, a director works with the board and district personnel to assess community needs and desires and develop an educational program that shares the mission of the district.
Read more on Hladik's resignation here.