Make a living by serving and protecting Lansdale Borough's citizens, neighborhoods and businesses.
Lansdale Borough Police and the borough Civil Service Commission are now accepting applications for a full-time police officer.
Applications are available at Lansdale Borough Modular Trailers at 645 W. Ninth St. in Lansdale. All applications must be completed in full and returned in person no later than 4 p.m. July 18, along with a $25 non-refundable check to cover administrative fees.
View the job iisting on Monster.com here.
Here are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent G.E.D.
- Successful completion of the Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission
- Applicants must be physically fit
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of two years, or 60 semester hours, of education from an accredited college (MPOETC credits are applicable) OR completed two years of active duty military experience with honorable discharge (or eligbility for honorable discharge if still in military service) OR completed two years of experience as a certified law enforcement officer, at a minimum of 1,000 hours of on-the-job training.
A written examination takes place Aug. 9 at Penndale Middle School, 400 Penn St., Lansdale.
The full examination includes a written test, a physical agility test, an oral interview, a background investigation, a polygraph test, a physical and mental evaluation and a psychological evaluation.
Salary is $52,672, and the job requires pension contributions. Perks of the job include life, health and accident, and dental and prescription insurances, paid vacation, paid holidays and a uniform and equipment furnished by Lansdale Borough.
Furthermore, new recruits have the opportunity to begin their career at the new Lansdale Police headquarters inside the new Municipal Complex, being constructed at 1 Vine St.