BRIDGEWATER, NJ - The Caritas Chamber Chorale, which practices in Bridgewater, will be presenting “The Coming of the Light – A Service of Lessons and Carols” to benefit the Adorno Fathers’ African Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to a release.
The choir is directed by Barbara Sanderman.
According to the release, the choir aims to renew the spirit of the season by recounting the Christmas story from Adam to the Great Commission.
Caritas, the release said, will also present some of the best choral repertoire for the season, including Paul Manz’s “E’en So Lord Jesus,” “Quickly Come” and more.
The scripture will be proclaimed by guest artist Kevin Gilmartin.
The services will be on:
- Dec. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at St. Brigid Church in Peapack
- Dec. 10 at 7:30 p.m. at Our Lady of Fatima Church in Piscataway
- Dec. 11 at 3 p.m. at St. Joseph Church in North Plainfield
- Dec. 18 at 4 p.m. at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church in Bernardsville
- Jan. 8 at 3 p.m. at St. Joseph Church in High Bridge.
Admission to the service is free, and a freewill donation will be accepted with all proceeds supporting the Gianni Diurni Primary School in Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo, Africa. The school serves children of all faiths from preschool to sixth grade.
Caritas Chamber Chorale is an a cappella choral ensemble based in Far Hills. It was founded in 2005, and has raised more than $85,000 for the Adorno Fathers’ African Mission.
For more information, visit www.caritaschamberchorale.org.