NORTH PLAINFIELD, NJ - The North Plainfield Landlord’s Association will be holding it’s inaugural meeting on Tuesday, September 20th, at 7:00 pm at The International Club and Sports Bar, 403 Somerset Street. All Landlords who currently rent or lease their properties are encouraged to attend.
The association was formed to educate and assist landlords on how to manage their rental properties. Monthly meetings will be held and guest lecturers will be invited to speak on issues such as:
- Insurance – are you properly covered?
- Should your rental property be an LLC (Limited Liability Company)?
- Are your leases Fair-Legal, will they hold up in an eviction procedure?
- Should you appeal your tax assessment?
- Are you getting the proper income tax credits for your rental?
- Are you thinking of selling your property – take advantage of 1031 tax free exchange
These and many more topics will be addressed in the months to come. Annual dues will be $50.00. Walk-ins to the meetings are welcome but reservations are preferred.
E-mail to Phil@DiRosaCPA.com or call Gary Cernuto at 908-754-7738 or Phil DiRosa at 908-757-5200.