SOMERVILLE, NJ -- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset has recognized Swapna Kandathil, RN, ONC, of Piscataway, a nurse on the hospital’s orthopedic unit, with the 2016 RWJS Magnet Nurse of the Year Award.
The following awards were also presented by Lori Colineri, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, RWJBarnabas Health, Southern Region, and Lynn Kearney, MS, BSN,RN, NE-BC, Vice President, Nursing, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset:
- Community Outreach Award - Kyala Pascual, RN, of Manville, Joint Care Coordinator.
- Friend of Nursing Award - Karen Connelly, RD, CSO, of Basking Ridge, a registered dietitian in the hospital’s Food and Nutrition Department.
- Nursing Technician Award - Diane Decambre, of North Plainfield, who works on the hospital’s orthopedic unit.
- Advanced Practice Provider Award - Martha Kelly, MSN, RN, APN, FNP-BC, ACNP-BC, of Metuchen, who is manager of house coverage.
- Transformational Leadership Award - Marilyn Omabegho, MSN, RN, OCN, NE-BC, of Somerset, who is nursing director of the hospital’s oncology unit.
- Structural Empowerment Award - Hand Hygiene Task Force
- Exemplary Professional Practice - Kathleen Marsh, RN, SCRN, of Whitehouse Station, who works on the hospital’s neuroscience unit.
- New Knowledge, Innovation and Improvement Award - Sarah Marie Brenly, BSN, RN, ONC, of Lebanon, who works on the hospital’s orthopedic unit.
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset nurses have been recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center with the Magnet award for nursing excellence. For more information on nursing opportunities at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset, visit www.rwjuh.edu.