Every donated item will be given a second chance and will make a difference in the lives of those in need!
It’s never too early to start your spring cleaning!The Scouts will accept all clothing and accessories; coats, shoes, hats, scarves, gloves, handbags, backpacks, and belts. Kids’ stuff - Soft and hard toys, games, stuffed animals, and dolls. Fabric (soft) Household items, bedding, towels, draperies, curtains, table covers, etc.
Saturday, April 29 @ 10- 4pm
Drop off Location
American Legion Post 119
137 New Market Rd, Dunellen.
Please place all donated items in sturdy tied plastic garbage bags. NO Hangers, Please.
For more information, call 732-968-9899
A tax deductible receipt will be provided.
Early delivery times/days during the week of the event can be arranged.
DECLUTTERING TO DONATING TIPS
- Donating is a feel-good exercise and is a great way to extend the life of your unused good-condition items.
- Set up a clutter donation box in your home to place anything you decide you want to donate
- Plan a “ Declutter Day”
- Start biggest job first, this will give you a feeling of accomplishment and help you to move on to the smaller tasks.
- Empty out your closets, bag up those all those gently used clothing, shoes, accessories that keep getting pushed to the back.
- Straighten up your Linen Closes – Donate bedding, sheets, towels, tablecloths, etc.
- Move on to the attic or basement – find all that “stuff” you stored away and forgot you had.
- Get the kids involved – ask them to donate games, toys, stuffed animals they no longer play with and donate to children in need.