WARREN, NJ - Dr. Matthew Mingle and Elizabeth Jewett will be at the helm of Warren Township Schools and Watchung Hills Regional High School through June 2022.
Both contracts were approved to be extended early at the last meetings of the Warren Township and Watchung Hills Board of Education meetings.
The Watchung Hills Regional Board of Education (“Board”) and Superintendent Elizabeth Jewett rescinded a five-year employment contract from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2018 and entered into a new five-year contract commencing July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2022.
The Warren Board of Education rescinded its contract with Dr. Matthew Mingle dated July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019 and approved its contract with Dr. Matthew Mingle for the position of Superintendent, dated July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2022. A copy of this contract is on file at the Board of Education office and will be posted on the district website.
In addition, the Warren Board of Education approved the completion of the 2016-2017 merit goals and subsequent merit goal completion payment for Superintendent Dr. Matthew Mingle. The goals were:
1. mprove communication with stakeholders
2. Improve outcomes related to staff recruitment and hiring
3. Receive at least one state or national award for district work
4. Connect district goals to the whole child approach to education
5. Recommend a plan to address effects of declining enrollment