NORTH PLAINFIELD, NJ - The North Plainfield Board of Education had the opportunity to celebrate the victories of the district's distinguished student athletes at the last Board of Education meeting. Brandon Smith, Daniel Duncan, Trevor Sullivan, and Edgardo Villafane represented the Boys' Indoor Track Team. The team was victorious as the New Jersey North II, Group II State Champions - a first in North Plainfield history.
Also honored by the Board were:
- Ashley Atubi, as a Somerset County Scholar Athlete. Atubi will attend Rutgers University in the fall where, in addition to her studies, she will play women's soccer.
- Bruce Weyand, also a Somerset County Scholar Athlete has committed to Kean University where he will play baseball.
- Edgar Castaneda-Vargas, a NJSIAA Scholar Athlete, will be attending Stevens Institute of Technology this fall.
- Ayah Elsais, as a Sklyand Conference Scholar Athlete.
- Trevor Sullivan, as a Sklyand Conference Scholar Athlete. Sullivan has committed to Rider University where he will play football.