NORTH PLAINFIELD, NJ - Michelle Aquino, Ed.D. North Plainfield Superintendent of Schools provided the following update on Friday:
● Spring recess will be observed as originally scheduled, Monday, April 6 through Monday, April 13. Remote learning instruction will resume on Tuesday, April 14.
● During spring recess, Maschio’s will serve lunch April 6-April 8, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm. On Wednesday, students will be provided with 3 days of shelf stable food, as food service will not be available from Thursday, April 9th to Monday, April 13th. Distribution will resume Tuesday, April 14th.
● With the inability to travel in mind, Ms. Farraye-Biggs, Family Resource Coordinator, developed a list of activities and virtual field trips for you and your family to enjoy during spring break. Click here to access this information.
● On April 1, the Board approved Pamela Hinman as the Business Administrator/Board Secretary. Ms. Hinman will replace Don Sternberg who will retire effective July 1 after fifteen years of service to the District.
● Ms. Sung, Assistant Superintendent, has provided an update on remote learning and grading policies across the District. You may also access her communique by clicking here.
● The NJDOE has partnered with NJTV to provide live instructional segments. These on-air classes will be taught daily for grades three through six from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on NJTV with the goal of enhancing remote learning in New Jersey. The following is an excerpt from the NJTV website: NJTV’s on-air classroom lessons will be livestreamed and archived on the network’s website, N JTVonline.org. To date, dozens of teachers from across New Jersey have been recruited to help deliver and prepare content in multiple subject areas, including math, science, English language arts, social studies and physical education. The network is prepared to provide up to 10 weeks of remote learning programming, which will see most kids through to the end of this school year. You may access the channels through this website: https://www.njtvonline.org/about/where-to-watch/
For more Coronavirus news see https://www.tapinto.net/towns/north-plainfield-slash-green-brook-slash-watchung/sections/coronavirus-news/articles
TAPinto is free and published daily made possible through sponsorships and advertising. Get Your Town's News In Your Inbox: Click Here to sign up. Contact email@example.com for sponsorship and advertising information.Market Your Business Using TAPinto