WARREN, NJ – August 26 is National Dog Day. How do you celebrate?
The occasion helps to bring attention to the plight of animals and encourage adoption.
“National Dog Day celebrates all dogs, mixed breed and pure,” according to Nationaldogday.com. “Our mission is to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year and acknowledges family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort.”
Here are a few ideas for celebrating National Dog Day:
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Assist an elderly or ill neighbor by walking their dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy.
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy park.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
TAPinto is free and published daily
Get Your Town's News In Your Inbox: Click Here to sign up