At its meeting on March 15, the North Salem Town Board approved a number of resolutions
• The board approved the hiring of a new court clerk. Jennifer Santis was appointed to the position beginning on April 3 with an annual salary of $48,500 through Dec. 31. The appointment is subject to a 12-week probationary period. Santis will succeed Mary Ann Ambrosino, who is retiring on March 31.
• The town board also approved a resolution authorizing the town to go out to bid for a uranium removal treatment system for the Sunset Ridge Water District.
• The town board acknowledged receipt of a letter of retirement from North Salem Police Offier Gary Weber dated March 3, 2017.
• It authorized a payment of $6,857.90 to King Lumber of Goldens Bridge for expenses related to the Annex renovation
• The town board authorized the payment of town highway bills totaling $95,717.29.
• The panel authorized the supervisor to sign an inter-municipal agreement with Westchester County to allow the North Salem Police Department to utilize the Repository for Integrated Criminalistic Information System (RICI) for a five-year term beginning on May 1, 2017. The integrated system allows for the electronic transmission and storage of criminal record and police blotter information. Information is transferred and stored chronologically on a central computer maintained by the county and can be shared by law enforcement agencies having access to the system.
• The town board authorized a general fund transfer for repairs made at Cat Ridge cemetery.