Concerns over COVID-19 could cause many closures and cancellations in Halston Media's Westchester County coverage area (Katonah, Lewisboro, North Salem, Somers and Yorktown). We'll keep you updated as we learn more from each town. To make us aware of a canceled or postponed event, email editor Jodi Weinberger at email@example.com
Click the links above to see updates from other towns. Here's the list for North Salem:
Ruth Keeler Memorial Library
- International Nibble and Nosh, scheduled for March 14, has been postponed.
- The March 14 Gardening Group are canceled.
- Starting today, March 13, intralibrary and interlibrary loans will be suspended for the foreseeable future. However, you may still return your items to any library in the Westchester Library System and use your card to check out items at any library.
- Visit https://www.ruthkeelermemoriallibrary.org/ to see specific updates about other programs.
North Salem Central School District
- Update from the North Salem School District on the PQ Concert and MSHS Musical:The PQ concert scheduled for tonight has been postponed. The Saturday and Sunday productions of the musical are canceled. The district is holding a limited attendance performance on Friday Night for immediate family members (up to a maximum of 4 seats) of only cast and crew members that have worked on or have parts in the production. There will not be any showings for the general public. All tickets previously purchased for all the performances will be refunded and we ask that the cast and crew immediate family members do not "transfer" unused spots to other guests. There will be no preferred seating available.
Spring Sports: The district expects Section 1 to address potential alteration to spring sports. No information available yet.
- Bowl-A-Rama, scheduled for Saturday, March 21 being postponed to a later date.
- The Westchester Youth Soccer League, of which the North Salem Soccer Club is a participating member, has postponed the start of their spring season
- From Supervisor Warren Lucas: As of this evening (March 12) there are no known people in our Town who are testing positive for the Corona virus according to the NYS DOH. That can change very rapidly and we must continue to maintain our personal hygiene. Do not touch objects in public spaces and touch your face. The virus easily enters through mucous area, primarily your lungs.
- Due to growing concerns regarding COVID-19, the Elizabeth Gabrielle Butler Angel Foundation’s art exhibit, Art Against Abuse, originally scheduled for Thursday, March 26, will be postponed until further notice. Once a new date has been set, we will notify everyone in advance.
- The Schoolhouse Theater: Todd Isler and The Aeolian Trio, scheduled for March 15, is canceled.
- Frank's Pizzeria: "We offer contactless delivery. Order online at FranksPizzaPlace.com or call us at 914-617-8677 and let us know that you'd like the food to be left at your door. Please pay with a credit card and include a tip for the driver in order for it to be contactless. Please be patient with delivery time."