WARREN, NJ — Pecan fingers are made by our family only at Christmastime. Be sure to dip them in confectioners' sugar once while they are hot, and then sift more sugar over them again when they are cool.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Shape tablespoonfuls into 2-inch fingers. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks.
Yield: about 4 dozen.