Residents taking the COVID-19 saliva test should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes prior to arrival.
Saliva testing will be held at the following locations:
- Monday, September 21, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., Belleville High School, 100 Passaic Avenue, Belleville
- Tuesday, September 22, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., Verona Community Pool, 257 Fairview Avenue, Verona
- Wednesday, September 23, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m., Millburn Commuter Lot, 188 Glen Avenue, Millburn
Nasal Swab Testing
- Friday, September 25, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark
- Essex County residents with or without symptoms are encouraged to get tested.
- New! Residents ages 8 and older are welcome to get tested.
- Residents are encouraged to get retested if they have taken the swab or saliva tests 14 days ago or more and have received negative test results.
- Testing is provided free of charge; health insurance is not required.
The tests are by appointment only and are being offered to Essex County residents free of charge. To make an appointment, please visit www.EssexCovid.org or call 973-877-8456.