Upcoming testing locations are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 20, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County Public Works, 99 West Bradford Avenue, Cedar Grove
- Wednesday, October 21, 4 to 6 p.m., The American Little League Field, Reinheimer Park, 40 Bloomfield Avenue, Nutley
- Thursday, October 22, 4 to 6 p.m., Essex County Economic Development Center, 50 South Clinton Street, East Orange (enter the parking lot on South Burnet Street)
- Friday, October 23, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Essex County Weequahic Park, Meeker Avenue entrance, Newark (Walk up appointments are available at this location.)
- Additional dates will be announced.
Essex County residents with or without symptoms are encouraged to get tested. Residents age 8 years and older are welcome to get tested. Residents are encouraged to get retested if they have taken the swab or saliva tests 14 days ago or more and have received negative test results. Testing is provided free of charge; health insurance is not required.
To make an appointment, residents should visit www.EssexCOVID.org or call 973-877-8456. They will be required to complete a short questionnaire. When finished, they will be provided with an appointment time and a confirmation number. Residents should bring the confirmation number with them. They are asked to arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment. Residents taking the COVID-19 saliva test should not eat, drink, smoke or chew gum 30 minutes prior to arrival.