My name is Maria Hamlin and my family and I have lived in Nutley for over 16 years. I am a retired Nutley Police Officer, Veteran, and Chief Master Sergeant of the United States Air Force. I am currently seeking a position as a Commissioner in our upcoming township municipal election on May 12, 2020.
As I write this from my home, I hope that you and yours are well. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with all of you. In the past few weeks, we have been forced to hit the “reset button” in our lives. We have changed the way we act and interact with each other. We have gained a greater appreciation for our teachers, our first responders, our medical personnel and our families. We have been making sacrifices, transitioning, adapting, and reorganizing our lives and will continue to do so in the weeks to come.
Last evening, as I sat down with my family for dinner, I reflected on how wonderful it was that we were able to share a meal and conversation; we rarely have the opportunity to do so. I ask that we all take this time to truly appreciate reconnecting with family (whether in our own homes or by phone or video conferencing) and have faith that we can get through the difficult times we are experiencing as a community, a state and a nation.
We need strong leaders who are willing and able to take on the challenges that we will be facing in the months and years to come. As you know, the state has announced that we will conduct upcoming municipal elections exclusively through a Vote by Mail process. I hope you will cast your vote and have included some details below.
Vote by mail
● ALL registered Nutley voters will receive their ballots between April 18 and April 21
● If you do not receive your ballot by then, please contact the Essex County Clerk’s office at 973-621-4921
● Ballots must be postmarked by May 12, 2020
● The polls will be closed. There will be NO in person voting. You can ONLY vote by mail in ballot
● Your vote counts and is very important! I hope you would consider me, Maria Hamlin (3A) for one of your 5 votes
In the meantime, if you or someone you know needs assistance, would like to talk or merely share your ideas about making Nutley even greater, please contact me at 862-208-3911 or by email at Hamlin4Nutley2020@gmail.com.
My concern has always been and will continue to be the safety, health and well-being of all our residents. Let’s continue to work together to make Nutley a safer and healthier place to live! Please stay home, be safe and be well!
Nutley Family Service Bureau (NFSB)
● Offers food pantry services as well as other clinical services Contact the NFSB by calling 973-667-1884 option #7 to find out more information about their programs
● The FCC has received reports of scam and hoax text message campaigns and scam robocalls offering free home testing kits, promoting bogus cures, selling health insurance, and preying on virus-related fear ○ For more information regarding scam alerts, please visit https://www.fcc.gov/covid-scams
● If you believe you are a victim of a potential scam, please contact the Nutley Police Department at 973-284-4940
Hamlin 2020 Vision:
One Team, One Theme, NUTLEY!