The Township of Nutley is providing an update to the community on several important matters, including:
- Total COVID-19 cases in Nutley
- State moves to Stage 2 of Reopening Starting June 15
- Other updates
COVID-19 Total Cases
The Township of Nutley announced 0 additional known COVID-19 cases keeping the total to 495 cases and 34 deaths.
Stage 2 of New Jersey’s Reopening to Begin June 15
As part of his restart and recovery plan, “The Road Back: Restoring Economic Health Through Public Health,” Governor Phil Murphy today announced that New Jersey will enter Stage Two on June 15, 2020.
Guided by strict protocols from the New Jersey Department of Health, as well as input from the Governor’s Restart and Recovery Commission and complementary Advisory Councils, Stage Two will include outdoor dining for restaurants and indoor, non-essential retail as of June 15th. Beginning on June 22nd, barber shops and salons will be able to reopen. In the period to follow, New Jersey will work toward the gradual opening of personal care, gyms, and health clubs, at reduced capacities as the stage progresses. All of these activities will be allowed pursuant to strict health and safety guidelines that will be issued in the coming days. New Jersey ended maximum restrictions and moved to Stage One on May 18, 2020.
Restrictions are relaxed on activities that can be easily safeguarded.
Phased-in businesses and activities, with adherence to safeguarding and modification guidelines, include:
- Outdoor dining (beginning on June 15th)
- Limited in-person retail (beginning on June 15th)
- Hair salons and barber shops (beginning on June 22nd)
- Youth summer programs (beginning on July 6th)
- In-person clinical research/labs
- Limited fitness/gyms
- Limited in-person government services (e.g. – Motor Vehicle Commission)
All workers who can work from home should continue to work from home.
Precautions that apply across all stages include:
- Clinically high-risk individuals who can stay at home should continue to do so.
- All residents and businesses should follow state and federal safeguarding guidelines:
- Wash hands
- Wear masks in public
- Respect social distancing
- Minimize gatherings
- Disinfect workplace and businesses
- Minimize gatherings
- No mass gatherings
Governor Murphy’s Executive Orders
To view the executive orders, visit:
Emotional Support Information
If you need emotional support or are feeling anxiety or worry due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can call the NJ Mental Health Cares number at 1-866-202-HELP (4357). It is staffed with a live mental health specialist 7 days a week, 8 am-8 pm.
Locally, the Nutley Family Service Bureau is accepting referrals and can be reached by calling 973-667-1884.
Health Department Message
Please make every attempt to check in on elderly and/or disabled neighbors. If you are aware of anyone that needs food and/or supplies, please contact the Department of Public Affairs at 973-284-4976.