The Township of Nutley Board of Commissioners and Office of Emergency Management understands and shares our residents’ concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are working diligently with local, state and federal health officials to proactively make necessary preparations and continuously provide you with the most current and accurate information.
Although there are currently no known COVID-19 cases in Nutley, we are preparing for the likelihood that there may be in the future and are doing everything in our power to reduce and slow transmission.
At this time, all municipal government will remain open, however we will limit all unnecessary access to municipal buildings effective immediately through Friday, March 27, 2020. We encourage residents to contact departments by phone instead of in person. In addition, all major gatherings are cancelled until March 27, 2020.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Individuals can take the following steps to protect themselves:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick and avoid contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Commissioner Rogers and the Nutley Health Department urge residents with general questions about COVID-19 to visit www.nutleynj.org/health or call the Nutley Health Department at 973-284-4976.
Parks and Recreation
All Parks and Recreation activities are cancelled through Friday, March 27,2020.
Nutley Public Library
The Library is now closed through Friday, March 27, 2020.
The Township of Nutley will continue to provide updates as the situation warrants via the Township website: www.nutleynj.org.
For Nutley Public Schools, be advised that schools are now closed, for additional information you should visit: www.nutleyschools.org.
In addition, the Township reminds all parents and students to avoid congregating outside to avoid unnecessary social contact.
- NJ Dept. of Health 24-hour hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- NJ Dept. of Health website: www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
- Centers for Disease Control website: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
9-1-1 is for Emergency use ONLY!
Do not use 9-1-1 for complaints or questions.
Nutley Police Dept. direct line: (973) 284-4940